Join Certified Nutrition Coach Stephanie Wendorff and the Dosher Team for a 2-part series on basic nutrition. This 2-part presentation will take place on January 3rd and 10th at 1:30pm and will last approximately one hour! In that hour, you’ll get everything you need to kick off 2023 with all the healing foods and nutrients your body needs!
What you’ll learn about healing your body in 2023
You can fuel the healing process with a healthy nutrient-rich diet. Providing our body with the nutrient-rich foods you need to promote healing is one of the simplest tasks we can make while recovering.
Five steps for incorporating more nutrients in your diet
1. Prioritizing Protein
- Build your meals around lean proteins
- Consume at least 20g of protein with every meal
- Eat protein rich snacks
Protein helps keep our bodies running well and our immune system healthy. The amino acids that make up a protein are essential for cellular growth and repair.
2. Getting adequate Calcium and Vitamin D
- Food and sunlight are the best sources
- Top foods include dark green vegetables like spinach, kale, okra, collards, and dairy products
Vitamin D aids in the absorption of Calcium. Calcium is an essential nutrient that all living creatures need.
3. Getting enough Iron
- Top foods include spinach, beans, oats, rice, lentils, nuts
This mineral transports oxygen throughout your body, helps form red blood cells, and supports your metabolism.
4. Replenishing Electrolytes
- Electrolytes play a key role in helping your body maintain a proper fluid balance. They help regulate blood pressure and play a role in healing and rebuilding damaged tissue.
We recommend you consume (8) eight-ounce glasses of water per day.
5. Getting enough Vitamin C
- Top foods include citrus fruits, berries, potatoes, peppers, spinach, and many more
Vitamin C is also vital to your body’s healing process and is involved in all phases of wound healing.
Jumpstart your health and wellness for healing foods that promote healing!
Register for this life-changing class by calling or visiting our Easley office! It’s just $20 per person and spots are limited. Register today!